Good news! Amelia Park Children's Museum is back open!
Their Play It Safe plan for re-opening includes:
- The entire building will be disinfected with electrostatic disinfecting equipment. This will evenly cover all surfaces with a safe disinfecting solution which will kill all virus particles, even those in hard-to-reach places.
- For the protection of staff and visitors, Plexiglas shields will be added to both work stations at the museum’s front desk.
- APCM will add a washing machine to the facility. This will allow staff to wash all costumes and cloth or foam props on a daily basis.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations will be added throughout the museum.
- Additional 'Clean Me’ bins will be added throughout the museum. Staff and caregivers will be encouraged to place dirty props in them so that they can be removed from circulation and sanitized by staff.
- The museum will be professionally cleaned every day that it is open to visitors. Professional cleaning will occur from 9:30-12:30 and include all routine facility upkeep procedures such as vacuuming/mopping floors, cleaning counters, trash removal, etc. Bathrooms will be cleaned twice daily, at 9:30 am and 12:00 pm.
- Staff will clean and sanitize all exhibits and public spaces with a CDC approved disinfectant solution after each play session, at 12:00 and 3:00 pm.
- Staff will sanitize high-touch surfaces with a CDC approved disinfectant solution throughout the museum during play sessions.
- All props and costumes will be cleaned after each play session, at 12:00 and 3:00 pm. Cloth and soft foam props and costumes will be machine washed with detergent. Hard plastics and metal will be dishwasher sanitized. Wood props, books, and art materials will be wiped with a CDC approved disinfectant.
- Two sets of props, a morning set and an afternoon set, will be switched for one another before each session begins, assuring that all props and costumes are safe for use.
- Exhibits will continue to be deep-cleaned on a rotating basis
- APCM will have two two-hour sessions per day: a morning session from 10-noon and an afternoon session from 1:00-3:00 pm. This will allow for cleaning time between sessions. Daily programs will occur at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm in the program room.
- Visitors will be required to sign up in advance for a play session. Sign-ups will be available through Eventbrite, with links on the APCM website.
- Visitors will be able to sign up for a reservation up to three weeks in advance.
See the full Plan HERE.